fbpx
back
CHÂTEAU MOULIN DE VIGNOLLE

Château Moulin de Vignolle is my family legacy et gets its name from the water mill on my estate and from the location’s name “Vignolle”. My uncle operated the vineyard when my parents, my sister, and I joined the estate. In 2004, I became the owner, and today the vineyards are planted over 34 hectares, of which 25 hectares are red varieties, and 9 hectares are white varieties. This profession requires energy and hard work, but there is nothing else I would rather do! I have always tried to protect and respect nature, therefore I converted my vineyard to organic farming in 2013.

CHÂTEAU MOULIN DE VIGNOLLE

Bordeaux

Rouge

CHÂTEAU MOULIN DE VIGNOLLE

Technical informations

Village: Pleine-Selve, Saint-Caprais, Marcillac
Total winegrowing area: 34 hectares
Terroir:
Soil of sandy gravel and clay-silt – Subsoil of clay – 77-meter-high – 25-30-year-old vines
Winemaking and ageing:

Mechanical harvest in September and October. 20% of grapes are thermo-vinified: warm up to 70°C to extract colour and fruit before cooling at 20°C for fermentation. The remaining 80% are destemmed and sorted before going to the vat. Fermentation starts between 20-25°C. Pumping-over with oxygen. Devatting 15 days after, then tasting. Free-run juice and press-juice are separated before malolactic fermentation. Sulfite input and racking. Ageing in vat with wood input. Filtration.

Blend:
87% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Malbec, 2% Petit Verdot, 1% Cabernet Franc
Tasting comments:

A deep garnet color with purple glints. Inviting aromas of dark berries with spicy notes. The palate offers the same aromatic notes with subtle woodiness and silky-smooth finish.

Food and wine pairings:

Roasted white meats

Awards:

► Vintage 2021:
- GOLD PARIS 2022
- GOLD CHINA AWARDS 2022
- SILVER FEMINALISE 2022
- GOLD AMERICA AWARDS 2022
- GOLD JAPAN AWARDS 2022
- SILVER LONDON AWARDS 2022
- GOLD INTERNATIONAL ORGANIC AWARDS 2022
- SILVER SINGAPOUR COMPETITION 2022
- SILVER TAÏWAN AWARDS 2022
- GOLD ELLE A TABLE 2022

► Vintage 2020:
- GOLD LONDON AWARDS 2021
- GOLD CHINA AWARDS 2021
- GOLD FEMINALISE 2021
- GOLD JAPAN AWARDS 2021
- 90 points JAMES SUCKLING 2022
- GOLD SAKURA 2022

CHÂTEAU MOULIN DE VIGNOLLE

Bordeaux

Rosé

CHÂTEAU MOULIN DE VIGNOLLE

Technical informations

Village: Pleine-Selve, Saint-Caprais, Marcillac
Total winegrowing area: 34 hectares
Terroir:
Soil of sandy silt – Subsoil of clay – 77-meter-high – 25-30—year-old vines
Winemaking and ageing:

Mechanical harvest in September. Direct pressing. Low-temperature fermentation (16°C). Tangential filtration.

Blend:
100% Merlot
Tasting comments:

Pale in colour, the wine is bright light pink. The impressive nose is marked by tangy aromas. The palate is supple with a frank and fresh attack. Generous, extremely thirst-quenching and highly drinkable. This is a true and technically very accomplished rosé made by direct pressing.

Food and wine pairings:

Marinated chicken skewers

Awards:

► Vintage 2021:
- SILVER VIGNERONS INDEPENDANTS 2022
- SILVER EXPRESSIONS DES VIGNERONS BIO NOUVELLE AQUITAINE 2022
- GOLD LYON 2022
- GOLD FRANKFURT 2022
- SILVER AMERICA AWARDS 2022
- SILVER JAPAN AWARDS 2022
- GOLD LONDON AWARDS 2022
- GOLD INTERNATIONAL ORGANIC AWARDS 2022
- GOLD SINGAPOUR COMPETITION 2022
- SILVER TAÏWAN AWARDS 2022
- SILVER BORDEAUX 2022

CHÂTEAU MOULIN DE VIGNOLLE

Bordeaux

Blanc

CHÂTEAU MOULIN DE VIGNOLLE

Technical informations

Village: Pleine-Selve, Saint-Caprais, Marcillac
Total winegrowing area: 34 hectares
Terroir:
Soil of sandy silt – Subsoil of clay – 77-meter-high – 25-30—year-old vines
Winemaking and ageing:

Mechanical harvest in September. Maceration before fermenting and 5 to 8 hours before pressing for Sauvignon blanc grapes. Colombard and Sémillon grapes are pressed directly. Low-temperature fermentation (16°C). Ageing on lees during two weeks before sulfite input. Tangential filtration.

Blend:
58% Sauvignon Blanc, 20% Ugni Blanc, 11% Sémillon, 11% Colombard
Tasting comments:

Bright and a subtle pale yellow in color. Characteristic nose with accents of ripe citrus fruit. The palate is supple, beautifully fresh, and tempered by magnificent aromatic maturity in the finish.

Food and wine pairings:

Baked white fish

Awards:

► Vintage 2021:
- 89 points TASTED - ANDREAS LARSSON 2022
- GOLD LYON 2022
- GOLD AMERICA AWARDS 2022
- GOLD JAPAN AWARDS 2022
- SILVER LONDON AWARDS 2022
- GOLD INTERNATIONAL ORGANIC AWARDS 2022
- GOLD SINGAPOUR COMPETITION 2022
- SILVER TAÏWAN AWARDS 2022

► Vintage 2020:
- SILVER CWWSC 2021
- GOLD LONDON AWARDS 2021
- GOLD CHINA AWARDS 2021
- GOLD ELLE A TABLE 2021
- GOLD AMPHORE 2021
- GOLD JAPAN AWARDS 2021
- GOLD LYON 2021
- 88 points JAMES SUCKLING 2022

To visit our site, you must be of legal age to buy and consume alcohol according to the legislation of your country of residence. If there is no legislation on this subject, you must be at least 21
I accept these terms and conditions